With over 20 years of experience enriching the lives of students through debate, Capitol Debate’s mission is to help youth find their voice. Are you a competitive debater? You have come to the right place. Our faculty is at the top of their industry – our expert staff has coached countless student debaters to national championship wins and helped even the timidest kids become confident leaders with high self-esteem.
Never debated before? No worries. Thousands of shy students have walked through our doors to become confident young adults and leaders in their community. Our strategy is to unlock the hidden talents students possess. Our aim is to use instruction, education, and learning to provide the most important component of our debate camps- fun!
We placed students in groups based on two aspects: experience level and grade level. This helps us provide a more personalized experience where the instructors can focus on students’ strengths and needs. For a more detailed schedule, reach out to our Student Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Summer Camp
Distance shouldn’t prevent your student’s from working on their communication skills.
Now is the time to give your students the edge over their peers from the comfort of home.
Capitol Debate is proud to introduce our robust Virtual Summer Camps. We were a pioneer back in 2012 in launching the first national online educational platform to teach public speaking and debate. Since then, thousands of students have crossed our screens and have gone on to be successful public speakers and debaters.
Both in response to the current situation with COVID-19 and the trend toward virtual education, Capitol Debate is fully prepared to offer summer camps virtually. With 8 years of extensive online teaching experience, we have coached many national debate champions and seen amazing transformations in students’ confidence and presentation skills.
Northeast & Mid-Atlantic Summer Camps
- Capitol Debate Camp at Yale University, New Haven, CT | June 28 to July 9, 2020
- Public Speaking and Debate Camp at Drew University, Madison, NJ | June 28 to July 9, 2020
- Villanova University, Villanova, PA | June 28 to July 9, 2020
- Business Communication Camp at Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH | June 28 to July 9, 2020
- Marymount University, Arlington, VA | June 28 to July 9, 2020
- The Hun School of Princeton, Princeton, NJ | June 28 to July 9, 2020
- Babson College, Boston, Babson Park, MA | July 12 to July 23, 2020
- The Lawrenceville School, Lawrenceville, NJ | July 12 to July 23, 2020
- Harvard Faculty Club: 20 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA | July 12 to July 23, 2020
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA | July 12 to July 23, 2020
- Public Speaking and Debate Camp at Drew University, Madison, NJ | July 12 to July 23, 2020
- Notre Dame of Maryland University, Baltimore, MD | July 12 to July 23, 2020
- American University, Washington, DC | July 26 to August 6, 2020
- Babson College, Boston, Babson Park, MA | July 26 to August 6, 2020
- Public Speaking and Debate Camp at Drew University, Madison, NJ | July 26 to August 6, 2020
- Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ | July 26 to August 6, 2020
Southeastern Region Summer Camps
Northwestern Summer Camps
Southwestern Summer Camps
Midwestern Summer Camps
Southern Summer Camps
International Summer Camps
Capitol Debate is very excited to announce 3 regional debate leagues in the Club Debate League (CDL) for the 2019-20 season. The league is open to all students, grades 6 – 12 that have completed one of our Summer Debate Camps and/or Online Introduction to Club Debate. If you have never taken one of our programs, your first semester will consist of 8 introductory classes plus one online debate. After taking the introductory club semester, you will be jumping right into league competitions!